Friday, January 06, 2006

 

From The WTF File

From Burlington, Vermont

There was outrage Wednesday when a Vermont judge handed out a 60-day jail sentence to a man who raped a little girl many,many times over a four-year span starting when she was seven. The judge said he no longer believes in punishment and is more concerned about rehabilitation. "The one message I want to get through is that anger doesn't solve anything. It just corrodes your soul," said Judge Edward Cashman speaking to a packed Burlington courtroom. Most of the on-lookers were related to a young girl who was repeatedly raped by Mark Hulett who was in court to be sentenced.

"I discovered it accomplishes nothing of value;it doesn't make anything better;it costs us a lot of money; we create a lot of expectation, and we feed on anger,"Cashman explained to the people in the court.

I was going to write my tourette syndrome attack down, (my tic is uncontrollable cussing after hearing or reading really stupid @!*#) but I will leave you all to read the story and have one of your own.

Just one tic, “It’s not about anger you dumb ass it’s about justice for a child who was raped.” Someone get me my blowtorch.


| |

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?